Thursday, June 6, 2013

Job Fair Observations

What technology is being used today?
 Today, there was a career fair at Herzing University in Akron. There were many different types of businesses that came to the event. I wanted to see how innovative the companies were when presenting themselves. Many companies that were volunteer driven had nothing, but a pencil and a clipboard. These items were used to collect information. This is a good way for a business to have records of people they met, and may want to hire.
 Another, employer had a QR code that you code scan and it would take you directly to their website. I did it on my smart phone and was taken to the website instantly. This is awesome technology because I don't need a card and anything with the companies name on it to remember.
  The final new thing I did not even know was a video resume! One employer had a tablet to show you how it was done. This is a great way to jump off the page and be different from other people or businesses.

What should have been used?
 I did notice that some places did not have a website to visit. In today's world a business won't survive without one. I think more QR codes are a great idea! People should have them everywhere; on business cards, flyers, even shirts. That way even when someone is not at their table a person can still find their website. It is great advertising. People also could have had tablets to show their company in a unique way.

No comments:

Post a Comment